- During the 4th quarter of 2015 the Ukrainian economy showed signs of stabilization. Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts are however negatively impacting faster economic recovery.
- Prices increased by 80% from the start of the conflict. Food prices at national level continued their upward trend in 2016 with highest rates in the first part of the year since 2000.
- In Donbass region, from the start of the conflict, the share of population with lower income than the state subsistence level increased significantly. Finding new jobs has become very challenging especially for women aged over 40. Income levels have significantly decreased in NGCA as well.
- Prices in NGCA remained stable over the reporting period but still around 17% higher then the national levels.
- Fuel prices have stabilized in NGCA reaching lower levels than national ones due mainly to a significant Russian supply.