• The President did not sign the new IDP law into force within the required 15-day time period. As a result, the law is essentially ‘adopted by default’, but will only enter into force after Presidential signature.
• Fighting in the conflict zone of eastern Ukraine is reportedly at its worst since reaching a ceasefire agreement early September.
• A UN expert mission visited Donetsk on 10-12 November. The mission aimed to identify reliable implementing partners for future aid distribution. The mission established that the humanitarian needs are significant and on the rise, and that there is a serious lack of capacity on the ground to implement humanitarian programs.
• The Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) is fully engaged with preparations for the 2015 Strategic Response Plan.
All sectors are consolidating key strategic priorities, targets and activities for the coming year.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.