Based on information from the Monitoring Teams as of 19:30 4 January 2021. All times are in Eastern European Time.
- The SMM recorded seven ceasefire violations in Donetsk region. In the previous 24 hours, it recorded 112 ceasefire violations in the region.
- The Mission recorded one ceasefire violation in Luhansk region. In the previous 24 hours, it recorded no ceasefire violations in the region.
- The SMM continued monitoring the disengagement areas near Stanytsia Luhanska, Zolote and Petrivske. Inside the area near Petrivske, an SMM mini-unmanned aerial vehicle spotted people near former positions of the armed formations during daytime hours.
- The Mission facilitated and monitored adherence to localised ceasefires to enable construction and operation of critical civilian infrastructure.
- The SMM continued following up on the situation of civilians, including at four entry-exit checkpoints and the corresponding checkpoints of the armed formations in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- The SMM monitored a march in Kyiv.
- The Mission’s freedom of movement continued to be restricted.*