▪ Six people died in a road accident near Marinka EECP on February 5, and an elderly man died due to health issues at Stanytsia Luhanska EECP on February 25.
▪ The crossing process accelerated in comparison to the previous month at all EECPs except Hnutove (due to the temporary reconstruction inconveniences).
▪ By the end of February SBGS staff converted to the new database – E-inspector – that includes information on debts, stolen cars etc.
▪ This change and increased capacity of the checkpoints in the NGCA caused some queues at the “0” checkpoint and in the GCA by the end of the month.
▪ 46 persons were stuck in the buffer zone on February 14 at Maiorske as the NGCA side allowed them to pass towards the GCA although the GCA EECP had already closed. Later in the evening the GCA EECP resumed functioning to let them pass.
▪ Electric disruptions at Stanytsia Luhanska EECP caused temporary suspension in the work of Oschadbank mobile office and ATM, while control booths functioned due to generator power.
▪ Work has begun to eliminate problems with toilets and leaking roofs at Marinka EECP. Public utility company “Promin” will also clean the EECP territory and toilets.
▪ Donetsk regional geological enterprise “Donetskgeologiya” started drilling a new water well to ensure water supply to Marinka EECP.