UN Uganda Bulletin Vol 23 11th December 2017
• UN Uganda Bulletin Vol 23 11th Dec 2017 • Ministry of Health has declared Uganda free from the Marburg virus disease (MVD) after completion of 42 days of the post Marburg surveillance countdown period for the contacts of the last confirmed case, as per the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
• President Yoweri Museveni calls on men to go for voluntary HIV testing in order to prolong their lives and avoid infecting others. The President made this call during the National Commemoration of World AIDS Day in Kole District on 1st December 2017 in a speech delivered by Vice President Edward Sekandi.
• The Government of Uganda has launched a new Green Growth Development Strategy as the blue print towards a inclusive development pathway for Uganda.
• The World Health Organization (WHO) in collaboration with the European Union and the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) deployed the EU mobile laboratory at Kapchorwa District Hospital to improve sample testing and enable real-time reporting of results during the Marburg outbreak.
• UNIDO Uganda Country Representative Mr. Bruno Otto Tokwiny has reiterated calls by the UNIDO Director General Mr Li Yong for the enhancement of inclusive and sustainable industrial development in Africa.
• Uganda establishes a Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) secretariat. State Minister for Relief and Disaster Preparedness, Hon. Musa Ecweru presided over the first CRRF Steering Committee meeting.
• UN Resident Coordinator Ms. Rosa Malango, visits Uganda’s National Emergency Coordination and Operations Centre (NECOC), to see first-hand the Centre and the support provided by the United Nations family in Uganda.
• UNIDO has been recognised for its efforts to promote inclusive growth and sustainable development in Uganda • Refugees in Kyangwali Settlement celebrate refugee youth-led organisation CIYOTA’s nomination for the UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award
• President Opens National Data Forum. The High Level National Data Forum for Uganda was organised by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) with support from the United Nations in Uganda, USAID and Development Initiatives