I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Landslides have occurred in the mountainous areas of eastern Uganda, burying three villages in Bududa District and leaving at least 80 people and over 300 missing.
- Search and rescue teams have been forced to employ shovels and hand held hoes; access constraints have prevented the deployment of more effective earth moving equipment.
- Two Government-led inter-agency assessment teams have been dispatched to the affected region targeting Bududa and Butaleja districts.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.