• Suspected case definition: An acute febrile illness for more than 2 days with two or more of the following: nausea, aches, rash, low white blood cell, joint pain, warning signs
• Confirmed case definition: Isolation of dengue virus or detection of antigen NS 1 Ag or IgM antibody or IgM and IgG antibodies in blood
• Dengue1 outbreak declared on the 27th of March 2019
• 517 dengue like illness (DLI) cases, were reported in Funafuti from March 25 to August 10 and 214 of them were confirmed.
• Eight (8) DLI cases were reported in week 32 in Funafuti and Two (2) of them were confirmed.
• Six (6) of the new DLI cases, including the two confirmed, have travel history to Vaitupu in Central Islands group.
• Age range: 0-65 years
• Female: Male ratio: 1:1.2
• Median age:9yrs
• Majority of cases are children (5-9yrs)
• 83% of cases are up to 19 years