89 participants from the Mutfakta Umut Var (MUV)/Kitchen of Hope Cohort 2 completed the programme and graduated.
17 participants from MUV Cohort 2 continue on- the-job training (OJT).
245 participants from MUV Cohort 3 completed the vocational training (VT) in nine provinces.
97 restaurants/soup kitchens participated in the OJT for Cohort 3.
33 EMPACT graduates from the advanced (bootcamp format) and low-skilled (Tempo) trainings started formal employment.
- 30 graduates from MUV Cohort 1 have been employed as Chef Assistants in seven provinces.
- 27 graduates out of 89 from MUV Cohort 2 received job offers from their OJT locations. So far, 23 participants accepted the offers and started working.
- The Soup Kitchen collaboration will continue with Sultangazi Municipality in Istanbul between April and July 2021.
- WFP is getting prepared for the EMPACT project’s second pilot that will include digital call center trainings in the Southeast region.
- Preparations for the Network Fresh project are being finalized. The Field Level Agreement (FLA) will be signed and the implementation will kick off in April.
- WFP, METRO grossmarket and Büyükçekmece Municipality agreed on implementing the Urban Agriculture project pilot during which 20 participants will be given theoretical and on-the-job training opportunities.
• As of 31 March, 3,317,182 COVID-19 cases, 31,537 deaths and 3,014,226 recoveries have been confirmed in Turkey. On 1 March, the Government eased the restriction measures on a province-to-province basis before reimposing weekend lockdowns in high-risk provinces due to a surge in daily infections. Meanwhile, WFP continues to apply necessary COVID-19 measures during its operations to ensure the safety of both its beneficiaries and implementing partners.