UNHCR Turkey Syrian Daily Sitrep 15 Feb 2013
• On 14 Feb 2013, the Government Agency for Disaster Management AFAD reported that the total number of Syrians registered in 17 camps in Turkey is 181,659 persons including 187 Syrians who are undergoing medical treatment in hospitals. This is a very slight decrease than the day before. The estimated number of non-camp Syrians in Turkey is estimated to be minimum 100,000 people, bringing the total population of Syrians in Turkey falling within the temporary protection regime to be 281,659 people.
• During the last 24 hrs. (13-14 Feb) 217 Syrians were admitted from the borders while 287 Syrians returned to Syria voluntarily.
• UNHCR Field Team was informed by the camp officials 350 Syrians are accommodated in Nizip camp 2. This group includies new arrivals as well as people who have been temporarily accommodated in public places in Nizip town.
• During the visits to Islahiye camp, and meetings with the local authorities, UNHCR Teams were informed that the expansion of Islahiye camp is also being considered to increase the capacity up to 15,000. Reportedly while the construction of additional container sites in Kilis/Elbeyli, Osmaniye/Duzici two more camp sites are also being considered, the authorities are working on identification of available space/land.
• During the meetings with the local authorities, UNHCR Field teams were assued by authorities that the Government of Turkey will continue to keep its open border policy to the Syrians seeking international protection and that it expects the UN's support to the Government of Turkey be increased .