Turkey: Syrian Refugee Resilience Plan 2019–2020
The Syrian Refugee Resilience Plan (SRRP) is the guiding document for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) to support the Government of Turkey in addressing the needs of Syrian refugees in Turkey.
The SRRP describes FAO’s strategy to:
- Address food insecurity and malnutrition of vulnerable Syrian refugee and host community members by promoting good practices and evidence-based decisions on food security and nutrition.
- Increase the resilience of households, communities and institutions to effectively prevent and cope with crisis by providing viable livelihood opportunities in agriculture.
- Promote sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of Syrian refugees and host communities.
- Harness the impact of Syrian refugees for the local economic development, and to foster their integration and social cohesion.
The SRRP has been updated based on the findings of:
- recent assessments undertaken by FAO in close cooperation with Turkish authorities at national and local levels
- projects implemented under the previous SRRP (2018–2019)
- review and analysis of data, reports and studies produced by national and international partners in Turkey