Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency. Resilience Way, Lower Estate, St. Michael, Barbados www.cdema.org Tel: (246) 434-4880, Fax: (246) 271-3660 According to the Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service (TTMS) as at 9:12AM October 25, 2018, a Riverine Flood Alert – Orange Level remains in effect.
• The National Emergency Operations Centre (NEOC) at the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) in Trinidad and Tobago remains partially activated.
• Damage and Needs Assessments are ongoing in all Regional Corporations/Municipalities (see map on page 2).
• Relief items have been distributed to the impacted population from the ODPM Warehouse to the Tunapuna/Piarco, Mayaro/Rio Claro and Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo Regional Corporations including hygiene kits, renewable kitchen utensils, disaster relief reusable dinnerware sets and cooking sets, clog slippers, trash containers and large garbage bags.
• Clean up works are continuing in all Regional Corporations by the Ministry of Works and Transport.
• The Ministry of Agriculture Land and Fisheries reported that 500 farmers were impacted and provided assistance with pumping water from impacted areas.
• The Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF) is assisting with clean up efforts, conducting damage assessments and distribution of relief items.
There has been no request for external assistance. The CDEMA Coordinating Unit continues to monitor the situation and will provide updates as necessary.