I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Tropical Cyclone (TC) Wilma, a category 3 cyclone, brought destructive winds, heavy rain and coastal flooding to the Ha'apai Islands in Tonga on 25 January
- Tonga's National Emergency Management Office (NEMO) led a joint rapid assessment of affected islands on 26 January with the Tonga Red Cross and Tonga Defence Services
- Total damages, according to estimates from the Government of Tonga's NEMO, amount to approximately US$ 3 million across the food, infrastructure, housing, health and sanitation, education and tourism sectors.
- NEMO presented recommendations for national and international assistance to the Government of Tonga on 1 February for approval and action.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.