• Today, 3,886 new cases of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. 39 new deaths were reported today. In addition, 1,208 patients are considered to have serious illness, 373 of which are currently receiving ventilatory support.
• Of the cases reported in Thailand to date, 69.8% (118,204) have recovered, 0.7% (1,146) have died, and 29.5% (49,998) are receiving treatment or are in isolation: (20,837 are in conventional hospitals and 29,579 in field hospitals).
• The 3,886 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include:
1,230 cases in prison facilities.
1,362 cases detected through the routine surveillance system: (testing of people presenting at a healthcare facility for a variety of reasons, including presence of COVID-19 symptoms, contact with a case, concern about possible exposure).
1,245 cases identified through active case finding: (testing of people in the community at the initiative of public health authorities).
49 cases detected in quarantine after arriving in Thailand from another country.
• The 11 Provinces reporting the greatest number of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases today are Bangkok (995), Phetchaburi (380),
Nonthaburi (336), Samut Prakan (232), Trang (92), Samut Sakhon (76), Pathum Thani (60), Chonburi (46), Chachoengsao (40), Nakhon Pathom and Saraburi (31).
• 24 provinces reported no cases today.