• On the 1st of June 2020, one new case of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 was reported by the Ministry of Public Health, bringing the total number of cases to 3,082.
• Of these, 96% (2,965) have recovered, about 2% (57) have died, and about 2% (60) are receiving treatment.
• The new case is a 43-year-old Thai female who returned from Russia on May 20th and who was found positive for COVID-19 only after here second RT-PCR testing on May 31st • No new deaths were reported today.
• In the past week, all COVID-19 cases detected in Thailand have been in returnees (there have been no reported cases due to local transmission).
• It is essential that members of the public avoid complacency and continue to adhere to preventive measures including frequent hand washing, respiratory etiquette, maintaining physical and social distancing and avoiding crowded places.
• Using the Thai Chana website and mobile app is highly recommended by national authorities