WFP’s Response Inside Syria and in Neighbouring Countries: Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey,Iraq and Egypt
- Syria: The WFP led Logistics Cluster organised the first UN inter-agency convoy to north west Syria this week. This is in addition to WFP’s continued delivery of food assistance throughout the country, 40-45% in areas across conflict lines.
- Jordan: Urgent preparedness measures are underway to assist the greater influx of refugees.
- Lebanon: 3,200 additional refugees have been incorporated into the distribution cycle this month. WFP continues to ramp up assistance.
- Turkey: Despite the construction of new camps, the space available in camps is not keeping pace with the influx of Syrians seeking protection.
- Egypt: Voucher distributions have expanded to new areas in Egypt this week.
- Iraq: 25,660 beneficiaries received voucher assistance in the Domiz camp.