At a glance:
- Armed conflict continues throughout most of the country, with a series of explosions reported throughout Damascus, including the use of vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED) and a number of mortars targeting security facilities;
- A mortar caused the death of a 14-year-old Palestine refugee while he stood outside an UNRWA school in Qaboun. Another student was injured;
- An UNRWA area staff member was injured, reportedly by a stray bullet, while travelling in a taxi on a private errand in Damascus;
- Hostilities continued around a number of camps in and around Damascus, namely Yarmouk, Sbeineh, Seyeda Zaynab, Husseiniyah, Khan Sheikh and this week for the first time, Khan Dannoun. The hostilities have caused a number of deaths and injuries and at least two UNRWA installations were damaged;
- General hardship intensified within the camps as the intensity of the conflict restricted humanitarian access;
- Dera'a town continued to witness regular clashes and shelling, including in the vicinity of the camp;
- Armed conflict continued in and around Aleppo with reports of intensive hostilities from the city centre and around the airport, all of which severely restricted access to Neirab camp.