• As of June 30th , Idleb laboratory reported around 1700 PCR COVID-19 samples tested in the NWS; all confirmed to be NEGATIVE.
• 14 June World Blood Donor Day NWS NGOs raised awareness about the global need for safe blood.
• 20 June World Refugee Day commemorated the 50th Anniversary of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees. Turkey is the largest host country of registered refugees, with over 3.6 million Syrian refugees.
• HNAP 2020 Mid-Year Returnee Overview finalized covering January to June 2020’s data on 275,111 returns to Syria. Most returns happened because of the dire economic situation in the place of displacement.
• On 25 June, Russian UN Ambassador Nebenzia officially announced its withdrawal from the UNlead deconfliction mechanism in Syria, as a response to abuses of the system by “various ‘opposition groups’1 .
• The European Union and the United Nations cochaired the IV Brussels Conference on “Supporting the future of Syria and the region”, which took place from 22 to 30 June 2020. The conference succeeded in mobilising aid to Syrians inside the country and in the neighbouring countries, including for hosting communities, through pledges totalling US$5.5B (€4.9B) for 2020, and multi-year pledges of close to US$2.2B for 2021.