• The Turkey Humanitarian Fund (THF) changed its name on 1 August 2019 to become the Syria cross Border Humanitarian Fund (SCHF). This change allows to better capture the nature of the fund’s activities. The operations and capacity of this funding mechanism remain unchanged.
• Since 28 April, there have been at least 52 attacks on healthcare reported, according to the SSA, including those affecting 44 health facilities and 9 ambulances. Of the incidents, 13 were in Hama, 33 in Idleb, 5 in Aleppo and 1 in Al-Hasakah governorates. In total, at least 20 health workers and patients have been killed.
• As the end of August 87 out of 98 routine immunization centers continue providing services.
The EPI centers had suspended operations and are been relocated as the staff safety allows.
• Three WHO-supported tuberculosis centers were fully operational for the first time in the NWS.
Patients are receiving services from fully rehabilitated facilities, with qualified staff and all the necessary medical equipment and supplies.
• The World Humanitarian Day (WHD) observe on 19th September 2019 global theme was dedicated towards honoring the work of women in crises, the health care workers unsung heroes who long been working on the front lines in the Syria ongoing armed conflict.