Syrian Arab Republic: United Nations cross-border operations under UNSC resolutions 2165/2191/2258/2332 (July 2014 to June 2017) [EN/AR]
UN SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTIONS 2165/2191/2258/2332
Through the unanimous adoption of resolutions 2165 (2014), 2191 (2014), 2258 (2015) and 2332 (2016) until 10 January 2018, the UN Security Council has authorized UN agencies and their partners to use routes across conflict lines and the border crossings at Bab al-Salam, Bab al-Hawa, Al Yarubiyah and Al-Ramtha, to deliver humanitarian assistance, including medical and surgical supplies, to people in need in Syria. The government of Syria is notified in advance of each shipment and a UN monitoring mechanism has been established to oversee loading in neighboring countries and confirm the humanitarian nature of consignments.
- Food: food baskets
- Shelter/NFI: dignity kits, blankets, jerry cans, kitchen sets, sleeping mats, mattresses, winterization kits, tarpaulins, tents
- WASH: basic water kits for families, water purification tablets, hygiene kits for families and babies, sanitary napkins, diapers
- Health: emergency health kits, surgical kits, reproductive health kits, midwifery kits, medical consumables
- Education: recreational kits
- Nutrition: supplementary spreads
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.