• Between January and September 2020, an estimated 4.07 million people were reached on average each month with some form of humanitarian assistance.
• Around 37 per cent of the response went to areas of most acute need (hosting an estimated 42% of people in need); 30 per cent of the response went to areas with major needs (hosting an estimated 32% of people in need).
• In addition, 33 per cent of the response went to other areas, including to vulnerable populations and providing a range of life-saving activities (e.g.: vaccination campaigns, nutrition screening and water provision) to reduce excess morbidity and mortality.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.