Syria: Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 9, 15-28 September 2012 [EN/AR]
- Violence across large parts of the country leaves growing number of people in need of assistance.
- Reduction of bureaucratic obstacles necessary for efficient aid delivery.
- The number of refugees in neighbouring countries could increase from more than 300,000 to 710,000 by end of year.
- Underfunding remains key constraint in aid effort.
- 348 million requested by the UN for activities inside Syria
- 130 million (38%) received for UN activities inside Syria
- 488 million requested under the regional refugee response plan
- 142 million (29%) received for the regional refugee response plan
- 2.5 million in need of assistance.
- 1.2 million IDPs in public buildings.
- More than 304,000 registered refugees in neighbouring countries.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.