Syria: EWARS Weekly Bulletin, Week 42: 13 - 19 October 2019
• A total of 334 843 consultations were recorded in all the 14 governorates in week 42.
• The leading causes of morbidity among all age groups were influenza-like illnesses (60.1%) and acute diarrhea (27.5%).
• There was an increase in the number of influenza-like illnesses (ILI) observed. In total, 19 155 ILI cases were reported during week 42, which increased by 18.5% compared to the previous week.
• 32 suspected measles cases were reported during week 42. Among them, the blood specimens of 25 cases were collected and tested at the reference laboratory in Damascus. The laboratory result showed all negative for measles.
• No acute flaccid paralysis cases were reported in week 42.
• One suspected leprosy case was reported from Al Hol camp in al-Hasakeh.