• A total of 265 720 consultations were recorded in all the 14 governorates in week 38.
• The leading causes of morbidity among all age groups were influenza-like illnesses (54.6%) and acute diarrhea (31.4%).
• 43 suspected measles cases were reported during week 38. Among them, the blood specimens of 38 cases were collected and tested at the reference laboratory in Damascus. The laboratory result showed all negative for measles.
• Four acute flaccid paralysis cases were reported each from Damascus, Rural Damascus, Hama, and Tartous. The stool samples were collected and transported to the polio reference laboratory in Damascus. The all samples tested were negative for poliomyelitis.
• There was an increase in ILI cases by 10% to previous week, in total of 17684 ILI cases were reported in weeks 38.