- As of 31 March 2018, 4,905,318 individuals were reported to be in 723 assessed communities in Idleb, Aleppo and Hama governorates, of which 1,780,560 were IDPs and 3,173,368 were residents.
- 98% of assessed populated communities across Aleppo, Hama and Idleb governorates hosted IDPs on 31 March.
- On average, IDPs represented 30% of the total population in assessed communities. With 63%, Dana sub-district in north-east Idleb governorate had the largest percentage of IDPs among the total population.
- IDP numbers were highest in sub-districts in northern Idleb governorate and in northern Aleppo governorate, with Dana (403,430), Azaz (167,463), Atareb (132,722), Al Bab (101,146) and Salqin (93,429) sub-districts reported to have the highest IDP numbers.
- A total of 22 communities, all in Idleb governorate, were reported to have neither IDP nor resident populations living in them on 31 March.
- On average, IDP numbers increased by 7% across continuously assessed communities between 31 January and 31 March 2018. Several sub-districts, however, mostly in southern Idleb, witnessed a decrease in reported IDP populations.