• Up to 7,000 civilians remain trapped in Ar-Raqqa city and face increasingly deteriorating humanitarian conditions and protection concerns. Despite the risks of exposure to mines, snipers and military operations, some civilians have fled.
• Displacements from and within Deir-ez-Zor Governorate continued due to heavy fighting and airstrikes. An estimated 63,902 people have been displaced from 1 September to 8 October.
• The overall protection situation for civilians remains of high concern across north-eastern Syria, with ISIL reportedly actively preventing civilians attempting to flee the area.
• Large influxes of IDPs from Deir-ez-Zor Governorate are straining existing capacities and services in IDP sites resulting in increased protection needs.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.