• Humanitarian needs in Syria have increased at more than six times the rate of funding
• More than 2 million people in Syria provided with winter assistance
• Fewer people were reached via inter-agency convoys in 2014 compared to 2013
• Emergency Response Fund launched in Syria
Since the outset of the crisis, the humanitarian needs in Syria have increased at more than six times the rate of funding
Funding for the humanitarian response inside Syria has not kept pace with the scale of needs. In three years, the estimated population in need increased from 1 million to 12.2 million (1120%); while during the same period, the overall funding to the crisis response inside Syria increased from $639 million to $1.8 billion (182%).
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.