General developments & political & security situation
• US-led Coalition’s air force killed civilians and some paramedics in Tal Ash-Shayer area of Al-Duaiji village in rural Deir Ez-Zor, on the Syrian-Iraqi border.
• Russian and US Presidents affirmed their commitment to Syria’s sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity; stressing that political settlement of the crisis would take place within framework of the Geneva process - in a joint statement issued on sidelines of the APEC summit in Vietnam.
• Trump says U.S. deal with Russia on Syria will save many lives.
• Moscow: Conclusions of the report of the UN-OPCW Joint Investigative Mission (JIM) on allegations of Syrian government's use of sarin gas had no basis.
• Russian Defense: Russian experts are contributing to clearance of mines, left behind by ISIS, in Abu Kamal.
• Zakharova: Syria's national dialogue conference is under preparation.
• Algerian Prime Minister stressed that some countries in the region spent $ 130 billion to destroy Syria, Libya and Yemen.
• Chinese Ambassador in Damascus stressed that a Syrian-Syrian dialogue, that guaranteed political solution, was the only way to end the crisis.
• The United States has no plans to carry out military patrolling in Syria's de-escalation zones, US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said.
• The Syrian army, with support from the Russian Aerospace Forces, has recently retaken the city of Abu Kemal, the last ISIS stronghold in the eastern Syrian governorate of Deir Ezzor.
• ISIS militants regained control of Abu Kemal, their last stronghold in Syria, after Iranian-backed militias who claimed to have captured the city a few days earlier.
• Saudi Arabia will host what it called an “expanded” conference for the Syrian opposition this month, aiming to unify its position ahead of United Nations-backed peace talks.
• Dozens of civilians have died in artillery fire and Russian bombardment of two displacement camps and surrounding territory in eastern Syria.
• Ten reportedly killed in US-led coalition shelling of village in eastern Syria.
• Violent clashes broke out between HTS and Nour al-Din al-Zanki (NDZ), in an attempt from HTS to break into the villages and towns under NDZ control in western rural Aleppo.
• Shells target the outskirts of the capital Damascus and its suburbs kill and wound several persons.
• The UN is concerned about the protection and well-being of civilians in Atareb, rural Aleppo, following reports of infighting between different non-state armed groups over the past five days. Shelling on populated cities and towns in the area is affecting civilian movement, including commercial activities and interrupted humanitarian activities in the area due to the clashes and road blocks. The UN continues to remind all parties to the conflict in Syria of their obligations to protect civilians and civilian infrastructure under the international humanitarian law and human rights law.
• The UN is concerned for the protection and well-being of civilians in Deir-ez-Zor Governorate where fighting and military operations continue to kill and injure civilians. Multiple airstrikes between 10 and 12 November are reported to have killed some 75 people, including 35 children). This includes reported shelling on an IDP camp in the Al Sukkariyeh area of rural Abou Kamal city on 11 November. Some 150 civilians in Hawija Katea island on the Euphrates River reportedly remain trapped by ISIL as military activity intensifies. The UN continues to remind all parties to the conflict in Syria of their obligations to protect civilians and civilian infrastructure under the international humanitarian law and human rights law