• Data collection was carried out in November 2011 coinciding with the pre‐harvest season.
• Twenty sentinel sites out of 21 have been reached in November 2011 and more than 500 households were surveyed.
• The food security situation among the IDPs shows a decline compared to May 2011. However, there is a slight improvement in the situation compared to November 2010.
• Gender and education level of household head has a clear impact on the households food security status.
• Food consumption score has shown a declining trend among the IDPs and resident communities compared to May 2011 and November 2010. For mixed communities, the situation is similar to November 2010. Nevertheless, the majority of the surveyed households continue showing an acceptable food consumption score.