· In South Darfur, according to UNAMID, the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) conducted air strikes on 27 December in the area of Ed Deain, apparently targeting Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) forces. Two civilians were reportedly killed.
· In South Kordofan, fighting between SAF and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) continues to affect civilians. The humanitarian community is increasingly concerned at reports of declining food security and the health situation in SPLM-N areas.
· In the Abyei Area, UNHCR reports that the increasing numbers of people transiting through Agok for possible returns further north is straining food security of both displaced and host communities.
· In Khartoum, the Commission of Voluntary and Humanitarian Work (CVHW) and UNHCR have registered some 93,000 people for voluntarily return to South Sudan.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.