• Fighting between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and Sudan People’s Liberation Movement – North (SPLM-N) continues in parts of South Kordofan and Blue Nile, displacing more civilians.
• The estimated number of Sudanese refugees in South Sudan and Ethiopia reaches some 140,000 people.
• An airstrike by the SAF in South Sudan is reported to have hit a transit site where Sudanese refugees were sheltering, injuring one boy.
• Spontaneous returns to parts of the Abyei area north of the Bahr el Arab/Kiir River continue. • IDP and refugee returns continue in various parts of Darfur.
• In Nyala, South Darfur, a UNAMID flight engineer who was abducted by armed men, was subsequently released.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.