• Fighting between Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement – North (SPLM-N) continues in South Kordofan, displacing civilians.
• WFP reports that the area under cultivation in South Kordofan has been reduced by 50 per cent due to conflict.
• UNHCR reports that some 75,000 Sudanese refugees from South Kordofan and Blue Nile states fled across the border into South Sudan and efforts to meet their needs are underway.
• Spontaneous returns to areas north of the Bahr el Arab/Kiir River continue in Abyei, with no largescale movements reported.
• People of South Sudanese origin continue to move to South Sudan from Sudan, some 107,000 people willing to return to South Sudan are registered in and around Khartoum.
• Food prices are on the rise in parts of Darfur due to the poor harvests.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.