• People in South Kordofan State continue to be affected by ongoing fighting between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and forces of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement – North (SPLM-N). The humanitarian community in Sudan are concerned about reports of declining food security and growing health concerns in SPLM-N held areas.
• According to media reports on 25 December, fighting between SAF and the armed Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) in the west of Northern Kordofan State have reportedly resulted in the leader of JEM being killed.
• Due to government reports of large convoys of non-state armed actors moving through South Darfur to South Sudan and to North Kordofan, humanitarian actors have limited their movements in some areas, particularly along the Nyala – Ed Daein road and in Bahr el Arab area in the state’s southwest.
• The Ministry of Agriculture reports that the agricultural harvest in Blue Nile State will be roughly 60% of normal yields due to fighting.
• On 19 December, 11 barges departed from Kosti in Sudan to Juba, South Sudan, carrying 2,822 people.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.