• One peacekeeper was killed and three others injured following an attack on a UNAMID patrol in East Darfur.
• Fighting between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and Sudan People’s Liberation Movement – North (SPLM-N) forces continues in parts of South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
• Deteriorating food security remains a major concern in parts of South Kordofan and Blue Nile affected by the conflict.
• The Government issued new directives on conditions for UN agencies and international organisations to return to South Kordofan and Blue Nile and how to operate in these states.
• Spontaneous returns to areas north of the Bahr el Arab/Kiir River continue in the Abyei area, but no large-scale returns have yet been reported.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.