• Fighting between the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) forces continues in both South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
• More than 8,000 people displaced by the fighting in South Kordofan are reported to have arrived in South Sudan (Unity State) since July.
• The Sudanese Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) reports that of some 100,000 people who fled from Ed Damazine town and surrounding areas in Blue Nile State following the outbreak of fighting on 1 September, some 90 per cent have now returned.
• Some 4,000 people from Blue Nile State have arrived in South Sudan (Upper Nile State).
• UNHCR has revised its estimate of refugees from Blue Nile State who have arrived in Ethiopia from 20,000 to 15,000.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.