• UNHCR, signs a MoU with the Government of Sudan on the registration and documentation of South Sudanese citizens in Sudan.
• Three UNAMID peacekeepers injured in an ambush in East Darfur.
• The number of South Sudanese refugees in Sudan stands at 115,451 as of 18 December 2014, according to UNHCR.
• Donors contribute some $4 million towards the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Sudan.
Displaced people in Sudan 2.9 million
IDPs in Darfur (to date) 2.4 million
GAM burden 2 million
Refugees in Sudan (UNHCR) 167,908
South Sudanese refugees in Sudan - since 15 Dec 2013 (UNHCR) 115,451
986 million requested in 2014 (US$)
54 % reported funding
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.