• Close to 257,000 people in Sudan have been affected by heavy rains and flooding that started in late July 2014, according to HAC and SRCS. About 70 per cent of the flood-affected people have received assistance.
• Blue Nile is the most affected state, accounting for almost 30 per cent of people affected by floods, according to HAC.
• WHO reports that 283 cases of diarrhoea amongst children under five years have been registered in three locations in North Darfur over the past few weeks.
• Nutrition sector reports that 2 million children under five years in Sudan are acutely malnourished (wasted).
People in need of humanitarian aid in Sudan 6.9 million
IDPs in Darfur
in 2013 2 million
in 2014 (to date) 399,800
GAM caseload 1.4 million
Refugees in Sudan (UNHCR) 157,000
South Sudanese refugees in Sudan (UNHCR) 93,490
988 million requested in 2014 (US$)
46.6 % reported funding
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.