- Heavy rains and flooding since early August displaced at least 150,000 people, according to estimates from various sources provided to the UN by 11 August.
• UN and donors mobilize resources to provide aid to support Government’s flood response efforts.
• At least 100 people killed following inter-tribal fighting between the Misseriya and Ma’aliya tribes in East Darfur.
• UNHCR scales down its activities in Darfur due to the non-renewal of travel permits for most of its international staff working there.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.