Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 16 | 13 - 19 April 2015
• An estimated 2,240 people return to Habila town, South Kordofan, to find their homes destroyed.
• Aid agencies can now access some 6,300 IDPs in Morlanga village, Central Darfur.
• Inter-tribal fighting in North Darfur’s Mellit locality displaces some 4,500 people to Kuma town, according to local authorities.
• Measles cases in Sudan have reached 1,730 with 22 deaths, according to the latest report from the MoH.
• Influx of some 5,000 Sudanese and South Sudanese people into White Nile from Joda Alfukhar town, which is on the border of the two countries.
Displaced people in Sudan 3.1 million
IDPs in Darfur (to date) 2.5 million
GAM burden 2 million
Refugees in Sudan (excluding S. Sudanese) (UNHCR) 168,000
South Sudanese refugees in Sudan - since 15 Dec 2013 (UNHCR) 131,226
1.04 billion requested in 2015 (US$)
24% reported funding
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.