• HAC says over 16,300 new IDPs have been registered in Guldo town, Central Darfur State.
• An estimated 34,000 newly displaced people in North Jebel Marra locality have not received aid, according to HAC.
• Some 6,200 people displaced due to inter-tribal conflict in East Darfur need assistance.
• Over 800 people who fled their homes in the Abyei area following militia attacks receive initial aid, according to an inter-agency mission.
Displaced people in Sudan 3.1 million
IDPs in Darfur (to date) 2.5 million
GAM burden 2 million
Refugees in Sudan (excluding S. Sudanese) (UNHCR) 168,000
South Sudanese refugees in Sudan - since 15 Dec 2013 (UNHCR) 130,840
1.04 billion requested in 2015 (US$)
17% reported funding
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.