• A campaign to vaccinate almost 8 million children against measles in Sudan has started, according to UNICEF.
• HAC says that nearly all people who fled their homes in Habila, South Kordofan have returned.
• Since February 2015, about 16,300 newly displaced people arrived in Guldo town, Central Darfur, of whom only 4,300 people (26 per cent) have received some form of aid, HAC says.
• HAC West Darfur requests support to facilitate the return of an estimated 3,500 IDPs in Forobaranga locality.
Displaced people in Sudan 3.1 million
IDPs in Darfur (to date)
GAM burden 2 million
Refugees in Sudan (excluding S. Sudanese) (UNHCR) 168,000
South Sudanese refugees in Sudan - since 15 Dec 2013 (UNHCR) 130,536
1.04 billion requested in 2015 (US$)
5% reported funding
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.