This revised Appeal seeks CHF 7,384,813 in cash, kind or services to support the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) to assist at least 15,000 flood-affected families (approximately 75,000 people) for a total of 18 months. This operation will be completed by February 2015, and a Final Report will be made available by 30 May 2015 (three months after the end of the operation).
Appeal target (current): CHF 7,384,813;
Appeal coverage: 83% (of the initial budget)
• This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on 13 August 2013 for CHF 918,554 for six months to assist up to 7,000 households (35,000 beneficiaries).
• Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF):
CHF 80,000 was allocated from the International Federation’s DREF to support this operation.
• The appeal has received CHF 825,053 to-date in support of the proposed response operation.
• Operation update n° 1 was published on 30 August 2013 and the budget adjusted to CHF 993,715 to reflect NFI price variations.
• Operation update n° 2 was published on 3 October 2013.