- 107 new Kala azar patients were confirmed and admitted to health facilities in Malakal, Lankien, Old Fangak, Pieri and Ayod in week 49 (30 Nov-6 Dec).
- WHO and the Ministry of Health of the Government of Southern Sudan (MoH/GoSS) have donated additional Kala azar drugs and diagnostic tests.
- A workshop on the case management and diagnosis of Kala azar was conducted in Malakal.
- Two training workshops on community case management during an influenza pandemic were conducted in Juba.
- More than 9000 cases of suspected malaria cases with 13 deaths were reported in week 49.
- The number of acute watery diarrhoea cases increased to 1987 in week 49.