• Humanitarian response to people displaced by recent clashes in Unity State in southern Sudan has begun; however, insecurity restricts access to the affected population.
• Concerns over safety and security of humanitarian workers remain in southern Sudan, where some agencies continue to restrict their movements and activities.
• New clashes in Abyei leave 13 military personnel dead. No civilian casualties or displacement reported.
• State assembly and gubernatorial elections in South Kordofan pass peacefully.
• In Darfur, missions take place to Kutum and Ein Siro as part of Operation Springbasket, but a planned mission to Tok Jau is postponed.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.