The following provides an overview of selected achievements by humanitarian partners operating in Sudan during 2015. These successes would not have been possible without strong cooperation between UN agencies, NGOs, IOM and IFRC and collaboration with the Government of Sudan. Donors contributions amounted to over US$ 600 million.
- 3.3m people across Sudan received food assistance in 2015.
- 167,000 children with severe acute malnutrition started treatment programmes.
- 950,000 children across Sudan were assisted through school feeding programmes.
- 4.9m outpatient consultations completed.
- 481,000 people received emergency and transitional shelters, construction materials and essential non-food items, such as plastic sheets, bamboo, rope, kitchen sets, sleeping mats, blankets and jerry cans.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.