- The overall security situation in Darfur, Eastern region, South Kordofan and Blue Nile States remained relatively calm, though unpredictable. No any major security incident was reported.
- Service delivery at Abeyi Civil Hospital was hindered because of the strike by the hospital and governmental health sector staff who went on strike for not being paid for the last seven months. WHO urged the health partners running the health facilities (MSF and GOAL) to activate the agreed contingency plan in order to address the gaps in with consideration of migration arrival to Abyei.
- WHO sub office in Damazine received the essential drugs from WRO/Khartoum and handed it over to SMoH of Blue Nile State as a part of regular support to SMOH.
- In blue Nile, the Under secretary of FMoH, Dr. Kamal Abdelgadir and H.E Wali, Adviser for Woman and Child Affairs launched a ceremony for distribution of mosquito nets, donated by Global Fund, UNICEF and WHO in Abu Gerin village, Baw locality.
- WHO WD attended the opening ceremony of 16 day Activism on 25th of November in Geneina organized by Wali Women Union Department with the support of UNDP and UNFPA. It was emphasized that different kind of activities like awareness raising sessions for Violence Against Women, HIV/AIDS would be carried out within the state along with the Fistula Campaign during the period of Activism in West Darfur.
- In Kassala, FMOH with WHO support conducted a workshop on H1N1 Case definition, surveillance and case management along with 25 health cadres from sentinel reporting sites.
- TB program with support of GOAL conducted 3 days training session for 22 lab technicians, 7 statisticians and 22 medical doctors and medical assistants on TB case investigation, management, registration and follow up in Kassala, WD.
- In WD, SMOH with WHO support conducted a 2 days training on DOTs for Tuberculosis this week in Geneina for 25 MDs and MA from SMOH, INGOs including MEDAIR and IMC.