With 4.3 million people in need of humanitarian assistance, Sudan remains one of the largest humanitarian operations, requiring a large-scale, coordinated response.
• Coordination and common services are required for a large and complex humanitarian operation involving multiple humanitarian actors. This includes 22 Government line ministries and departments, some 3,800 national NGOs, 125 INGOs, the Red Cross / Crescent Movement and 26 UN organisations, all of whom require coordination and common services.
• A total of USD 983 million of funding has been requested to finance the humanitarian response in Sudan by 130 Humanitarian Work Plan partners.
• Policy guidance, information and communication services are needed for a principled and timely humanitarian response.
• Need for increased capacity development of national actors to allow them to efficiently deliver humanitarian and recovery responses, as well as emergency preparedness
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.