This report is produced by OCHA in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It covers the period from 24 September - 03 October 2011.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· Fighting continues between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement – North (SPLM-N) in both South Kordofan and Blue Nile State
· There are now reported to be over 25,000 refugees from Blue Nile State in Ethiopia
· Humanitarian access remains severely restricted for international organizations in these two states, but the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) continues to deliver humanitarian assistance in Government-held areas
· Flooding in South Kordofan State compounds accessibility restrictions
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.