I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• The first phase of the humanitarian operation in the south is underway, focused on identifying the location of the displaced and responds to critical humanitarian needs.
• At least 39,000 are currently estimated to have arrived in the South from Abyei, concentrated in Warrap, Northern Bahr el Ghazal and Unity states.
• Needs among the displaced remain high, particularly in food, water and shelter, while humanitarian access to displaced groups is also a major challenge.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.