Latest information reaching Colombo reveals that the six Sinhalese aid workers that were found dead in MAILAMBAVELI, ERAVUR last night (01) had been brutally massacred by the LTTE. The aid workers had been lined up in front of the "Village of Hope" construction site and shot and later hacked to death by the Tigers.
Two aid workers, WIJESINGHE MUDIYANSELAGE NANDASENA (41) of IHALA KOTAWELA, YAHALA ARAWA, WELIMADA and NAGARASA (28) of MAILABAVALAI who suffered serious gun shot injuries were admitted to the BATTICALOA hospital.
The murdered aid workers have been identified as
1) LIYANAMOHOTTILAGE THUSHARA MADUSANKA CABRAL (17) of 90, PAHALA BAMUNOTH, MASPOTHA.
2) LIYANAMOHOTTILAGE DAYANANDA CABRAL (33) of 90, PAHALA BAMUNOTHA, MASPOTHA.
3) THORANAHENA GEDARA SUSANTH A RANJITH ABEYKOON (24) of ELLE, HENPITIYA, HEBARAVA, MAHIYANGANAYA.
4) TISSA WALAN MUDIYANSELAGE WIJETHUNGA (17) of 137, MORADENIYA, HERANKADA, MAHA OYA.
5) TISSA WALAN MUDIYANSELAGE DANAPALA of 137, MORADENIYA, HERANKADA, MAHA OYA.
6) WELE PENDIGE CHANDRASIRI (45) of 45, PAMUNUWILA, NUGAWELA, KELANIYA.
The remains of the above slain aid workers are in the ERAVUR hospital.
These Sinhalese aid workers were attending to construction work of the "Village of Hope" housing scheme for orphaned children in the area who were under the constant threat of being abducted by the LTTE.