I. HIGHLIGHTS / KEY PRIORITIES
- The Disaster Management Centre report as of 13.30hrs on 10 February shows that 1,191,275 people (319,451 families) are affected by the floods and landslides. This includes 103,330 persons (28,717 families) in 461 temporary evacuation centres in 17 districts. Seventeen deaths, eleven injured and two missing persons are reported. People started to return as water is receding. Some locations, however, continue to be inaccessible.
- Assistance is focused on providing clean water, non-food items (NFIs), basic common shelters and food. Availability of dry firewood for cooking and the loss of livelihoods are major concerns. Several roads continue to be inundated with flood waters, challenging assistance.
- The Government has released a total of Rs 850 million (US$ 7 million) for the flood response.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.